A Cartoon Story


Brothers
Originally uploaded by piroozkalayeh.
Brothers are an amazing thing. They're constantly growing. These are my brothers as I last saw them.



measgorbachov
Originally uploaded by piroozkalayeh.
I once told my brothers I would be okay if they died. Then I sat with that idea. I imagined them dying in a plane crash. It scared me. I changed my mind right away.



kingarthur as me
Originally uploaded by piroozkalayeh.
I prayed for their safety.



father
Originally uploaded by piroozkalayeh.
Throughout our lives, my father has described us as the knights of the round table. We are the 'dawn of a new era' a 'united brotherhood.'



Plane Crashing
Originally uploaded by piroozkalayeh.
We don't always get along though.

In those times it's easy to imagine their planes crashing.



prayer
Originally uploaded by piroozkalayeh.
Then I pray again.

I don't want anything bad to happen to anybody.

I'd like to have that same kind of empathy for myself. It's easy to get down on where you are. It might be a simple thing like dropping a fork. You're like, "I could kill myself. I dropped the fork again. I can't do anything right."

That's what it feels like to me. The smallest thing can create so much violence towards myself. It's crazy. I wonder if there is anyone else like that.

I know we all got different brains, but maybe there are. I can't be alone with the 'fork problem.' What violence do you experience in your life? Why do you let it continue? Is it an illusion?

These are the questions I asked myself today.

No comments: