Gulf War Film: Acting up a Storm

As some of you might know, I'm in Hollywood. This means that acting keeps coming up for me. I enjoy it very much.

Today I finished shooting for a film. I played the part of Massoud, an Iraqi prisoner who befriends an American soldier.

I grew a beard and gained about 10 pounds. It was fun. The crew were real professional, and the other actors were great.

Saima played my daughter in the film. She gave me a lesson or two.

"I don't like your accent," she said.

"Okay," I said.

"You're weird," she said.

"That's true," I said.

I have no pics of her. I did get a few of the American soldiers.




James Gilbert played opposite me as ALAN. [on left]


Eliah played JESSUP. [right]














And Mr. Tough Guy (not his name), played MCCLAINE.














Here they are altogether. They are a good bunch, don't you think? Who will be on your Television in the next year??

4 comments:

marlowe diego said...

nice work. was it a tv film? feature? short? dv/hd/film?

sorry i missed you last night. did you try calling back?

private ezekial jay (ptezkj)

md

Jeanie said...

All these photos are great, but where's the photo of Massoud the Iraqi prisoner, as portrayed by the author of this blog? Maybe you're trying create an incentive to watch the film...but still. What a gyp!

Pirooz M. Kalayeh said...

Yes. True that, J-Lo. Where is Massoud? Those will be up soon enough. I didn't take any with my camera, but there was a person on set that was taking photos for the film. I will see if I can get a few for posterity.

That might be a while, so I'll put up a photo of yours truly not in Massoud gear, but in full beard regalia.

As of this moment, the beard is no more.

I hate beards. Pain in the butt.

And as of 7 pm tonight, my long hair will be chopped as well.

Not that any of this looks horrible. It's just my way of saying goodbye to a character.

I have an album to finish. The Slipshod Swingers are more of the James Bond types than the hippie bear man.

Pirooz M. Kalayeh said...

Mar,

The film was a short. They were an independent group. They have some name. I am not sure what it is. I will let you know if I find out. I also don't know what they shot on, or all the neat nitty-gritty stuff you filmmakers shoot the mustard with. Actually, lets not make myself a dunce here. Lets see...I am pretty sure they shot in high definition DV. They were all working within the industry at various commercial locales i.e. Disney, Weller Grossman Productions, etc. This was their baby away from paychecks, and things with commercial appeal such as television. At least that was the idea communicated to me.

And yes, I will call you the first chance I get. Probably on Christmas Eve.

Jolly, jolly, my friend. I love you. Give my best to Nicole and your family.