Dating in Hollywood


Two girls tell it to me straight.

"We don't care about money."

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah," they say. "You just went down in our book."

I think about this for a minute. Mmmm, I think. Okay. They don't care about money. I think I do. I think I like making money. Money is not a bad thing.

"Okay," I say. "I hear you."

I wonder why some people don't like to talk about money.

I used to not like talking about money. Whenever my ex-wife brought it up, I would say, 'I have to concentrate on my art. I can't work and write novels at the same time.'

Now I know I was wrong.

I am glad about that. It would have been tough to carry that story around, and expect to take care of myself.

I learn though. 'Bit by bit,' as Dacheux says.

Speaking of which, Dacheux and I had a nice soda at the Sabe tonight.

I loved how she called me out on my interaction with these cool girls I met.

"The one girl said her dream guy was a Rated G comic," I told her.

"Oh, that's perfect," Dacheux says.

"Yeah," I say. "But I could be the bad boy too. I got that in me."

"Yeah, right," she laughs. "You could never be the bad boy."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. But, you know what I said to her after she told me she liked G rated comics, I was like, 'Fuck, that's great--I mean--excuse my language.' "

Alabaster, Dacheux's boyrfriend, cracks up at this. I am glad. He cracked me up with his whole penis puppet. He showed me a clip of Saturday's show at the UCB Theater. The skit was for the most foul sketch comedy show.

Alabaster (Allan) made a gigantic penis dance from his crotch and make lemonade. Hopefully he'll post it on his blog. Until then, you can read about it on JPosatko's blog.

Now I am going to draw the pictures that go with this text, as I saw it when I was writing.

Man, I'm like Jay-Z, what's up.



And on that note, one of the last interactions with the girls who don't like money.

"Oh, it's clear you love yourself," one says.

"Yes," I say. "That's true."

It will be nice to hang out with these new friends. The plan is Karaoke on Sunday. Maybe, we will talk about money. Who knows? If it does, I will tell you about it.

Bye,

P to the Z and not Q


p.s. i am

pss. so hum...

3 comments:

the IMAGINATIVE ACTION REGIME said...

this is great!!! i had such a NICE AND SUPER DUPER COOPER time hanging with you. i have now made you some new vegan treats-- granola bars!!!! oatmeal raisin (with a dash of coconut)-- our favorite.

lets have sabe time sometime soon!

love dacheux

Pirooz M. Kalayeh said...

Are you going to the Starving Artists show on Thursday with the special guest?

Let me know.

We could have our tea at The Viper Room.

P.

the IMAGINATIVE ACTION REGIME said...

P!

i cannot make it tonite! yikes! a project just exploded in my head!! how fun. i'm a little worker bee for now. lets try for this weekend. some tea perhaps? maybe a fun movie??

maybe granola bars.


stace