Happy Valentine's Day: CD is Out! It is a New Year!!


Okay, here we are. Valentine's Day. Man, we made it. This is like New Year's Day for me. I usually finish projects on this day. Thankfully, I have finished another. Slipshod's first album is out. That was definitely an experience. Now I am going to write again.

I am almost ready to dive into Mars or Bust, but now that I'm working as a Producer in Hollywood, I figure I'll wait. The book will be that much better after this gig. I mean how can you write a satire on reality TV without working at a company that is the top producer of reality films in the world.

I am also enjoying the work very much. There is a lot of hustle and bustle, deadlines, people looking tense. I take it bit by bit, as Dacheaux says.

I can also see how this type of work didn't agree with her. The hours are rather long for little pay. I like the people though. Such wonderful, smart, and sharp dressed folks. I like watching them manuever through deals. I like seeing them take on the pressure and roll over to a better fighting position.

It's like surfing. Not that I am a big surfer, but I've heard people talk about it, and I've watched some folks out here on the beaches. They got to stay one step ahead of nature, and that's exactly what a producer needs to do. They double check, triple check, quadruple check every possibility, delegate, narrow down markets, and can charm your pants off.

I mean, I am literally charmed daily. The things some of them say, really make me giddy. It's not major things or anything extraordinary. It's just their love for what they do. It really shows.

Tonight I was at the office making cue cards for an upcoming shoot. I was by myself, singing "Stand By Me," thinking about how the song might be about Jesus. Then I thought about television itself. Why was I here?

I don't know. I am obviously learning a lot about how to sell things, delegate responsibility, and all the rest. But, really, the biggest thing so far has been letting go of stories I carried with me when I was younger. The kind that said I had to be poor to be an artist, or that rich people are one thing or another. Now I get to see how that is not the case. People in Hollywood are not fake. I know people think this is true, but it's really not. At least not for me. The people I have met so far are so wonderfully genuine, caring, and sweet.

And, yes, that is another great thing. I am trusting people more than I have ever done in my life.

Why?

I don't know. I just don't see any reason not to trust people. They'll come through if they can, and if they can't they won't.

Anyway, I'm rambling. What was I talking about? My threads are running thin.

Oh, yeah, so I was sitting in the studio, thinking about television, and how all these people are working on reality tv, and it got me thinking about other kinds of tv. Poetry tv or Art tv or other types of programming that would be fun.

Steven Taylor and I once chatted about Naropa's Archives and how we both saw it as a valuable money maker for you name it.

"It could be it's own Satellite radio show," I say.

"Television," he says.

"Television?"

"We could play what we have back to back and we wouldn't run out of material for six months."

I found that impressive then and even now. Maybe, working in television will help me be able to offer that at some point. Maybe, I will get to host some type of arts show. Maybe, I could interview bloggers, or do an interview thing for artists, but make it hip. Who knows?

Not me.

Dude, Jim. You are getting poetry out there, eh? Holy cow! Everyday another publication. This is fantastic. Also makes me realize I need to start sending things out. I haven't sent anything out since August, when you told me to. HA!

Yeah, too much paperwork. I've got to actually set a day to submit poetry out there. Either that, or set a day to write.

Mmmm. Yeah, music and work.

What else?

I got a date this Friday. I'm real excited about that. It's with this really cool girl. She said Audi 5000 to me one day. For some reason, that really intrigued me, that and she knew who Richard Marx was. You can't beat that. I asked her our pretty quick. So far, the plan is either tennis, 80's jams, or shopping. I was thinking of taking her out and buying her things.

Man, I am so weird when it comes to dating. I don't have a clue. It's great.

Sometimes I think I'll be alone for the long haul. I am a pretty peculiar person. I am very free and independent. This is true. I know this. I also like that. But then there come those moments when I catch a family together, and think, "Do I need a kid?"

Strange.

Of course, sometimes I see Dads running after their kids and I think, "Not me!"

Ha!

Yeah, so I don't have a clue about that either.

It's good to not have a clue about that. It's also good to have a date on Friday.

Oh, and one more thing. I made a list in November of things I would have by a certain date. This, suprisingly, seems to create reality. I am just passing this on in relation to my newfound job. I said I would be offered a Producer position by February 12th and here I am. I also asked for some other things, but we will have to wait and see about those. I'll keep you posted.

Love to you all. Happy Valentine's Day.

XOXIPGHO,

Pirooz

P.S. Congrats on the wedding news, Mar. Of course, I am ready to fly out towherever you two lovebords are going to tie the knot. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

P.S.S. Little, Dacheux. Happy Valentine's Day. I hope you and Alabaster get it on good and snuggle the night away.

P.S.S. Moksha, I hope Bombay's treating you well. Say hi to your folks for me.

P.S.S.S. To DTH and all my crew on the East Coast, I heard you guys got 30 inches of snow! Dude, it was 90 degrees in L.A. today. What's up? HA! I'll be coming to NYC for a visit in March. I'm thinking St. Patty's Day.

P.S.S.S.S. Happy Valentine's Day, family. Thanks for the card, dad. It was real sweet. I love that you keep picking John Lennon's "Imagine" on these cards. It is really an amazing song. I have tried to write songs like that, but I can only write like me. Ha!

PS5. Jim, you going out tonight?

PS6. Sprigs eat an olive for me.

PS7. Hey, Rebecca, rock star, love to you.

PS8. C. Dale, a kiss to you and all your patients.

PS9. Mom, I love you.
PS10. To all my students, Hoorah! It's the new year!

PS11. To the LOU, Unite!

PS12. Michaelangelo and MC Escher rule!

PS13. And thus concludes the shout outs for this evening.

PS14. See I knew there would be one more. Can't end on 13. Not when 14 is the magic number. Hey, Myszka, beautiful Philly girl, what color are you wearing today?

Kisses to all.

2 comments:

jwg said...

recovering from sick. sick gives and sick takes away. need a few more days of rest before the knees stop shaking and the funky joint stops quacking like a duck. English is paying my bills. Damn that fever feels good. no going out tonight

the IMAGINATIVE ACTION REGIME said...

and a super duper everything whopper to you.


dacheux out.