Jim Goar Likes Hollywood

"It's time to get Strategies out there. What can we do?"

I didn't have an answer.

"It's time to get it out there. It's like a diamond just sitting there."

"I hear you."

"What do you need? I'll finance it."

"Jim-"

"What do you need? A thousand dollars? I'll give you a thousand dollars."

"Well," I think aloud. "We could put it out ourselves, if we got everyone to chip in...but I don't know if that is the best thing to do."

"I can help with the publicity," Dacheux says. "I could handle press releases."

I mull it over with my tequila. I have no answer.

"It's a good book," Jim says. "It needs to be out there."

"I don't know what more I can do."

"Well, we have to do something."

I smile. I drink more tequila. We go to other bars. More tequila.

"Women are beautiful here," I tell Jim.

"Beautiful everywhere."

"Yes," I agree.

I make small talk with the bartender. I ask if she likes my mohawk. She says she does.

"Good," I say. " Two more tequilas."

"Yes," Jim agrees. "Tequila."

"You still hungry?"

"I need to eat."

We hit Tommy's burgers. Double cheeseburgers. Fries. Jim is happy. He smiles at the burger.

"Good burger, huh?"

"So good."

I tell Jim to get a phone.

"Follow Catherine Zeta Jones," I say.

"Okay," he says.

"Then call Dacheux. She'll take you to the library."

"I need a computer."

"Then get a computer."

"I want to see Macho Libre."

"Go up Hollywood to the Grauman Theater. I'll meet you after work."

Jim bites his burger. I eat a fry.

"Good to be here with you," I tell him.

"Yes," Jim smiles. "I like Hollywood."

No comments: