The Slipshod Swingers and Korean Cuisine


I'm having fun rehearsing with a new lineup of The Slipshod Swingers here in Seoul. We have been practicing a few times a week, and although we only have a percussionist and one incredibly smoking, hot singer thus far, I have no doubt some additional members and a dozen songs will show themselves before our record release party in September.

Last week, we worked on a fun ditty, entitled, Korean Cuisine. Sarah Glinski wrote the lyrics in like 10 seconds. I was like, "That is cool. Write more." Then she did. It was only a jam and a lot of laughing later, before we had the cutest song I've ever seen. Read and listen for yo'self:

Korean Cuisine

Pickled veggies
On a plate
Gives me gas
That I hate.

Baby octopi
Small and wriggly
Dances down
My throat so joggly.

Noodles, noodles
Slurp them up
Eat them quick
From a cup.

Soju is
A nasty drink
Makes you drunk
Makes you stink...


The chorus** needs better lyrics to match the verses, but, all in all, I'd say we're off to a good start. If you want to catch the rest of these fantabulous lyrics or hear a rough version of the song, click the yummy strawberry below.

____________

Vocals: Sarah
Guitar: P.
Percussion: Elena

*The guitar painting above was created by yours truly and photographed by Thomas Henwood, Copyright 2005.

**The German translates into "You drive me crazy."

5 comments:

... said...

Fabulous, love the chorus. you go sarah! got a taste, I will certainly be back for more. the guitar case is enchanting.

Unknown said...

i like the chorus too. pretty harmonies. i agree with frank about the case as well.

Pirooz M. Kalayeh said...

Sweet! I'm glad you guys dug the chorus and guitar case. Coming from musicians of your caliber, that's a huge compliment. Rock on with your bad selves!

Say said...

that case is wonderful, i want to play with all the colors. i like sounds too, i was talking to some people about how i love the collective sound of people together because it connects us all, and they thought i was crazy. but i am not. i like sounds.

Unknown said...

I don't think you're crazy. When I hear a bird sing or clap my hands, everyone else hears that same thing. There isn't a greater truth in the world.

Next time your friends call you crazy, just say, "thank you" and clap your hands.

You can be your own cheerleader.