Horse Patrol


I have finished another tune. This one was inspired by Miss Stacy Dacheux. I asked her for some lyrics for the new song, and she wrote these great lines about a horse patrol. Then I wrote some music for them. Of course, when it came to singing the lines, I found completely different words in my mouth. I kept the title though, and that's the way it stands.

HORSE PATROL

I was sitting in my chair
when Shondelle came over to stare
she said she was tired of the way I look
can't you stop your life as a crook

I said:

I don't know if I can, Ma'am, Ma'am.
I don't know if I can, Ma'am.

She said uh maybe you've had
enough time to be like your dad
can't you stop rolling over convenient stores?
can't you stop seeing them two-bit whores?

I said:

I don't know if I can, Ma'am, Ma'am.
I don't know if I can, Ma'am.

she pulled out a photo of my little boy, Nick
she said do you want him to grow up and act like this
I said, what can I do?
she said you've got to stop
I said can't you just shoot me and call the cops...

_______________

Enjoy the song.

I've got stories about camels to write.

Catch ya,

P.

No comments: