Tazer Poem




----------------------

Dr. King,

I think I might
hit someone
today.

I might buy a
tazer.

I might never vote
again.

I might move
to France.

I want to voice my
opinion.

I want to do it without being
tazered.

I don't want to be
afraid.

I want there to be justice in the
world.

I want those cops to go to
jail.

I want America to understand
me.

I want America to be where dreams are
possible.

It is hard to find a way when there is
fear.

I will die in 20 or 30 years.

I might even die tomorrow.

If I did, I would want to die in space.

I would want there to be
flowers.

I would like all the tazers in the world to go with
me.

I would like them to be melted down into a
space station.

I would like there to be a flux capacitor
on board.

I would want my body recycled into a
flower.

I would like to be taken care of by a good
florist.

If the florist can be like High Tower from Police Academy 2,
that would be good.

I would like High Tower to get his wings and be an
astronaut.

He can drink Tang and sing lullabies that sound like
"Porgy and Bess."

I will make seeds that float in the cockpit.

They will move to the vibrations of High Tower's
voice.

He will sing: "Summertime when the living's
easy."

He will brush the seeds from his helmet.

He will look at a distant planet.

He will describe the view to me.

He will not talk about democracy.

He will not talk at all.

He will communicate telepathically.

It will be in his eyes.

I will look in his eyes with my flower
eyes.

I would see a reflection:

a flower on a space station made of
tazer guns.

I will remember this poem.

I will recite it to him telepathically.

Tom Cruise will not be on board.

But Ving Rhames will be.

He will play the part of High Tower.

He will also talk in a high-pitched voice as
me.

It will look exactly like the scene from "Castaway,"
except I am not a volleyball.

I am organic.

I am here to destroy all tazer guns.