Tennis with a Stranger

I am off to play tennis with a stranger today. I am not sure how that'll go. I am nervous about it, so I can tell that I don't really want to do it. My instinct tells me that the guy just wants to play me, so that he can try and beat me and be competitive. I hate it when people do that. I just want to have fun. I don't like being overly serious. I like playing matches with friends who you can play with again. I think this is probably because I am so competitive myself. Maybe, I just need to be open to this experience. Maybe, I need to be open to being competitive in a healthy way. Like if someone wants to beat me, I could simply encourage him to do so, and beat him to a pulp at the same time. I don't know. It sounds like I'm still working on this issue. 

In other news, I signed up for a tennis lesson. My first since I was a teenager. I want to work on my serve. I want it to be over 110 miles per hour. I think I can do it. We'll see if this pro knows his stuff. Who knows? I might be acing the world in no time. 

Anything else?

My parents are cool. Life is easy in Pittsford. I don't seem to be losing any weight, but I am not smoking, and I feel better. 

GODS OF SPANDEX quote of the day: "If you eat it, you will grow!"

No comments: