THW Day 10: Filming in JIMMY'S ART STUDIO

We've had folks from all over the place come visit and go. Each leaves us a message and a bit of themselves into the film. Here is one from Elise (I hope Vassar is treating you well, Elise. You could always bail on finals and come back. ; )


Here is a shot of Jimmy's art studio from the monitor. I had the idea to paint the tire before shooting began. This is my favorite piece thus far. Originally, I wrote "Viva La..." and then I changed it to "Viva Ohio!" I think that fit the scene a bit better.


I really like this chair. It's completely covered with mice and text. I used a poem I wrote when I was 23. It works for the piece.


Viva Ohio!


I let this thing drip into being. Tom didn't want me to paint on the proper side, since I already did another painting for another scene on the flip, so I just dripped paint on the reverse and used paper towels as brushes to makes a piece in under five minutes. It's not much, but it's a whole lot of something at the same time. Where is Che now?


I really like "Mammy, Mama." I think it says all the write things for a sex-obsessed teenager. I also like the Freudian undertones. It makes me feel like a rock star too. And, yes, you can plug this in and it shakes.


I painted over another painting for this one. I think it looks better than the other one that was there. But, at the same time, that other one was good too.

No comments: