Runner's Knee

Apparently, I got runner's knee. It's called "when you get old" or some shit. I couldn't do anything for three days. I had to lie in pain most of the weekend. Then I iced it and cried a lot. I didn't do this out loud, because that wouldn't be manly. I did it quietly to myself when no one was looking. Anyway, it really hurt.

Today was the first day I felt like I could do some exercise. I played the 19 year old in tennis again. He's really good. He beat me again today. I just got too tired. My arms didn't work anymore. I think I'll have to start doing some pushups to build upper body strength. Then I'll just need to run about 8 miles a week. Maybe more.

They say that runner's knee can be resolved by having better shoes or investing in special soles for your shitty shoes. I think I'll do the latter. Then maybe I can run and play tennis without crying. It's no fun to cry.

Also, I realized I have no friends other than the people I play tennis or make movies with. I don't know if this is the result of being ambition driven and living in a city or simply a byproduct of growing older and not being around anyone I grew up with or had experiences with. I suppose that's life though.

People make friends early in life and keep them because they stay in one place, or they get new friends by doing a lot of social activities or having kids and whatnot. Since I don't have any kids, and I'm not big on social activities besides playing tennis, making movies, or watching them, it leaves very little room for a huge panoply of friendships to suddenly emerge.

It's my own damn fault. I've got to take some baking classes or something. Either that, or realize I don't need friends. Or just hold my knee and cry.

I think my knee is starting to hurt a little. I better go ice it down.

No comments: